Tuesday, June 24

World Cup Mania in Small Town Italy - Forza Italia!!

As the temperatures rise, so does the excitement of the 2014 World Cup in our tiny town of Piobbico. Each match is televised on the streets and it's a surely a scene not to miss. In a village of 2,000 there are 3 bars and 4 TVs showing the matches. The crowds grow, beer and wine poured, arms flail, chairs fly and curses spew out in dialect. I love every minute of it, even though I could care less about the matches (horrible I know, but I'm still an American football kinda girl) it's the love & passion the locals have for this sport that I just can't get enough of.

So even though this video is not about food - it is a slice of life in Italy. "Taste of Italy" Episode 8:  World Cup 2014

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin