Thursday, November 20

Nutella - Finger Lickin' Good!

First off, I must say, I am a peanut butter lover, through & through - I'm always looking for another vehicle for good ol' p.b. - but Italians don't seem to dig on the peanuts as much as Americans - and don't sell peanut butter (or its a single serving size of Skippy for 5 Euro! - So I've been making my own.)

Italians opt for its cousin-nut, the hazelnut - and combining it with chocolate is just divine! Thus Nutella was born! Thank the lord - it's finger lickin' good! I had never really gotten into Nutella in the States, but after my first taste here, I was in love! Creamy, chocolately & nutty! (The recipe is different here than in the States, less sweet, more nut.) It's great on bread, for baking or just eating a spoonfull! We've even made a nutella pizza!! I would suggest, if you have a fireplace to place it on the hearth to warm for about a half hour before you consume - I know that waiting is generally frowned upon - but it's worth it & makes it extra good & extra creamy! Trust me here!

Here is our favorite Nutella recipe (first translated & tested by my lovely sister Meagan)- it is ridiculously simple! Think of it like a nutella brownie!

Torta con Nutella e Nocci
Nutella & Walnut Torte
4 eggs

125 g sugar

125 g chopped walnuts

125 g Nutella

125 g butter

60 g flour

.5 teaspoon yeast

pinch of salt

Beat the eggs with the sugar.  

Melt the butter & chocolate together.

Combine all ingredients.

Butter & flour a spring form pan.  Add mixture to pan.

Cook at 375 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

(Since this recipe is Italian, it is in grams - click here for a conversion table.)

(notice how tightly she is clutching "the goods" to her chest!)
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin